Friday, December 30, 2011




MANGO CHEESE BALL 

This is a recipe that I got from my aunt. I have no idea where she got it from. However, it IS good. Even LC liked it which is amazing in and of itself. It's super easy and only 5 ingredients. Can be premade before hand and only add  last two ingredients when you get to where you're going! LC put the toppings on it hence the messiness. He was in a hurry and didn't care. I would have done it better! ha:)


Ingredients: 
a 4 cup bag of cheddar cheese
1 1/2 cups of mayo
2 small bags of slivered almonds
chopped green onions (didn't use here, because not sure if people would like onions)
1 bag of real bacon bits
1 jar of mango chutney

Directions:
Take first 4 ingredients and mix together and form into ball.
Then take the jar of chutney** and spread evenly on the cheese ball.
Lastly, cover the ball with the real bacon bits.
My recommendation: Serve with Ritz crackers; we used Carr's water crackers just because that's what we had in the pantry, but a buttery cracker such as Ritz is best with this.

**I used Major Grey's chutney. It's on the condiment aisle at my grocery and not the jam/jelly aisle. It doesn't say Mango chutney, but if you look on the ingredient list on the back you will see mango in it. Kroger is my local grocer.

1 comment: